Wednesday, June 18, 2008

EURO08 Day 11

Two more matches to go for the group stage to finish and the GROUP OF DEATH is finally finalized. Bye bye to Romania, Bye Bye to France.

The moment I knew Abidal will play alongside Gallas as center back, I knew France will never win but lose the game. You can see how lousy France's defense is when you look back at the highlights. They are lucky not to concede more thanks to lousy finishing from Toni. He could have been number 1 in goal scoring chart if he had converted those glorious chances .
Adding to the defeat is the injury to Ribery. Once he left and Abidal's lousy defending which earns him the "angpau", France collapsed like the building in Szechuan during the earthquake. KAABOOOMM!!!
Italy oh Italy, you were just lucky to have avoided the defeat in the game with Romania. Probably Italy should thank Mutu for that generous gift. Italy, please get knocked out next stage please....
(Arsenal fans, 1 great news to all of you! Nasri played like a school boy, and Wenger must have told him not to play so well to avoid his market value from increasing. Go to Arsenal boy!)


Oh Holland, those who played against you must have visited your country. Why? "Because they all 去荷兰" LOL.
A very impressive Holland performance, better than Spain or Portugal in my opinion. They have strong attackers, great match winners, young squad...and they won all the group matches. But to maintain that in the following crucial knockout games will be hard, and sometimes that kind of inexperience will prove costly. They are now bookie's no.1 favourites and I would love to see them march on. Impossible to see them play against Spain I think in their next game, but I think Russia/Sweden vs Holland will be interesting as well.
(Dunno why, the moment I saw Huntelaar score his 1st goal, I have the feeling that he will join Chelsea this summer to replace the rebellious Drogba. LOL. Hopefully it will happen.)
Romania, blame yourselves for the defeat.

No comments: