Final fixture results of any group are always unpredictable (or FAKE !)
Will they win? Will they field second string teams? Will they win their win or die game?
Germany as usual proved their reliance on Ballack. We know how good he is in taking freekicks. And Gomez, the tall no.9, is again disappointing. (Crouch is a lot better than you, Mr Gomez.) Glorious chances were again wasted by him and I doubt his contribution to the team. (Kuyt behgai is better than you, Mr Gomez. At least he scores and assists.)
Sorry to Germany, I will only give you a B for lack of team effort and a useless frontline.
Sorry Austria, I will only give you a C+ for lack of ability among players but a good team spirit.
Croatia again proved that height doensn't matter in football. Spain and Holland players are almost the same and they play good football.
Praise to Klasnic. Heard of this player many years ago. I still remember he was one of the scorers in a Champions League match for Werder Bremen a couple of years ago, which was quite astonishing if I am not mistaken. That was the first impression of him- A skillful striker. But I haven't heard of him for some time already and I almost forget about this unlucky man.
2 kidney transplant is never easy, and to recover from such traumatic surgeries and play in such a highly competitive match is never easy. To score the winning goal is even better and that marks another great story in football. It is always delightful to see players back from serious injuries to be able to play again.
Croatia is in serious business, and Turkey has to be careful!
No comments:
Post a Comment